Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Go down

Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Perfect-Kenshin on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Since my post was deleted for absolutely no reason being too long (what the hell kind of rule is that? Is that even listed as one of the rules? You'd have to have an extremely small attention span to consider my response too long? If that's too long, good luck in college or any other institution where you're expected to familiarize yourself with material 'too long' on a regular basis) on the mutltiverse site and since I've decided to take my post here where I presume the moderation is more reasonable (hopefully). If not, then I guess I'm out as I'm not down with sites that are against reasonable discussion. Sorry. No

Anyways, that being said, this thread can be used to contribute to the current discussion I'm having, voice your problems with Vegetto's back-story or refute people's "problems" presuming you disagree with them.

@ Kalkarot-El

I see your looking at this in the sense that Toriyama could never write romance, so it probably would have just been 1 big joke or skipped over if written by him, at least that how I read your post. I don't totally agree with it, But at least I see were your coming from; I think?

I don't know whether or not Toriyama could ever write romance, but it just isn't his style as far as Dragon Ball is concerned. And the issue wouldn't be one big joke because of his writing style, but because that's how Goku and Vegeta are concerned with 'marriage' in the first place.

exactly, Vegeta has no filling for her at all, while both Goku & Vegeta have fillings for Bulma, thats how I see it. while I don't agree with Vegeta hating chi-chi, what salagir does is answer the middle stuff that Toriyama never did, of course everyone already have there own opinion about the middle stuff, but most of it is so strongly opinionated you can't simply say someone is 100% wrong & prove it as it was never orginally mentioned or shown, i just read & try to understand were everything is coming from, if it make sense I try not to make a big fuse out of it.

That's not how fusion works though. For instance, Vegeta doesn't know instant transmission and Goku does. By this logic, upon fusion, Goku should not have complete knowledge on how to perform instant transmission, therefore making him unable to do instant transmission. On the contrary, fusion simply combines rather than limits. What really would have happened is that Vegetto would still love ChiChi whie having an increased appreciation for Bulma.

I understand Salagir attempted to answer the stuff Toriyama did, but in doing so, he has simply gone against continuity.

@ Ultimate Kai

Have you actually even read it?

No, and I don't intend based on what I've just read.

Its not like they all just done it and lived happily ever after =P

It makes no difference. The fact of that matter is that all what you've described is so very un-Dragon Ball like that I don't even see the point in bothering to take a gander.

theyre some emotiony moments, like Trunks not accepting Vegetto as his Father ect.. =P I dont see how it cannot make sense.

I'm sure you don't. You seem to have a greater tolerance OOC stuff than I do. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not something I'm into.

Vegetto starves to death without any food Korin gives him Senzus, Supreme Kai & Elder Kai tell him about a Planet suitable for harvesting Senzu's.

Interesting. And just how Supreme Kai and Elder Kai (being both results of fusion) manage to get by? Don't they have increased appetites.

Vegetto learns KibitoKai's Teleportation, Vegetto and Family live on the New Planet for a few months, they Plant the Senzus Harvest it, And Name the Islands ect. Vegetto lives and has his own planet.. How could That not make any sense?

1) If there were such a drawback, Elder Kai would've pointed it out to Goku in the first place.

2) Senzu beans heal the body and restore it to 100% immediately. Regardless of how strong Vegetto is, one senzu bean should be suffcient.

3) This whole idea of a "Senzu bean planet" is just silly. Even for Dragon Ball standards.

Winner = Bulma.

1) Yeah, like I already pointed, Vegeta doesn't hate ChiChi. Don't know where Salagir got that.

2) Fusion doesn't work like that. It's like my instant transmission example (or hell, ANY technique which Goku knows and Vegeta doesn't or any knowledge which one has and the other doesn't). The feelings/knowledge/personalites don't get averaged together. Rather, they are simply added together. As I told the other person, Vegetto would still have love for ChiChi while having a newfound feelings for Bulma.

Chichi didnt Love Vegetto. so Vegettos not gonna be with someone who doesnt love him.

ChiChi didn't love Vegetto, but Bulma loves Vegetto? That makes even LESS SENSE .

Hell you guys only knew Vegetto for like 3 Chapters (DBZ) all we really knew about him was he was Strong and he played around with Buu..

Plenty of time to get a basic grasp of his personality.

Hes Vegetto, his own person hes not Goku so just because Goku wouldnt do those things doesnt mean that Vegetto wouldnt either..

Nah, neither Goku or Vegeta would do those things you mentioned in the story though. Like I said, he'd laugh/shrug it off and go train because that's what he does.

Of course it would.. hes not Goku, hes got some Vegeta in him, Vegetas pretty Smart (sometimes). Obvious;ly Vegetto realised the Awkwardness of the Situation..

No, Vegeta wouldn't care either. Name me one time he has concerned himself with such trifling matters. If he is at a party, he'll either eat or go off and stand by himself to the side (alone). If he is at home, he'll train, train and train some more.

That did happen.

And that's all that would happen. Razz

Bulma Suggested that, but Gohan, Goten and Chichi disagree'd they like the Land Ox King brought them..

Why not build a new house on the land Ox King brought them then. Based on what you're telling me, Bulma was willing to move to a new planet. Doesn't seem like she'd mind.

Vegeta had a strong hatred towards Gohan, Chichi and Goku. The Gohan & Goku one eventually cleaned up but the chichi one stayed, i do remember small segments of Vegeta pulling discusted faces at ChiChi.. =P

How did the Goku and Gohan one clear up eventually? Since the fight with Kid Buu never occured in this universe, Vegeta never got to come to terms with Goku. Wouldn't he be filled with self-loathing? And I really don't see how he could come to terms with Goku and Gohan, but not ChiChi (the person who he hasn't even so much as interacted with). You may believe as you wish, but it seems pretty clear to me that Salagir inserted his own personality into Vegetto (a mistake many authors do with their characters) and decided that if it were him, this would be a big deal and he'd choose Bulma over ChiChi since she is hot and ChiChi is not. I think Salagir is the one who doesn't like ChiChi. That would also explain this "super hero" stuff and living on his own planet with a hot babe for a wife. Again, common mistake on an author's part. I mean no offense to Salagir, but it's certainly possible that he wishes he were Vegetto (deep down of course). Very Happy
avatar
Perfect-Kenshin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Kalkarot-El on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Perfect-Kenshin
but because that's how Goku and Vegeta are concerned with 'marriage' in the first place.
I don't agree with that, but that's my opinon.

That's not how fusion works though. For instance, Vegeta doesn't know instant transmission and Goku does. By this logic, upon fusion, Goku should not have complete knowledge on how to perform instant transmission, therefore making him unable to do instant transmission. On the contrary, fusion simply combines rather than limits.
your confusing emotion with skill
Vegetto has all the memories of Goku & Vegeta, so he posseses all their skills
Vegetto is also his own person & has his own emotions but he also has the memories of 2 women that he loves, when it comes right down to it he has more found memories of Bulma than Chi-Chi, I understand that.

What really would have happened is that Vegetto would still love ChiChi whie having an increased appreciation for Bulma.
Well Vegetto does
but your not wrong in thinking they would just all move in together, that guy that believed Chi-Chi was better because she's a better wife wasn't wrong, the argument is to opinionated to say this or that would happen & call everyone else or Salagir's theory completely wrong.

I understand Salagir attempted to answer the stuff Toriyama did, but in doing so, he has simply gone against continuity.
No its not, going against or breaking the continuity would be saying against something that was already there.
Ex: Saying Goku has always been a depressed individual. (this is totally wrong)
Ex2: saying EvilBuu & SuperBuu are 1 & the same. (If its explianed in a way that makes sense you can't tell me i'm 100% wrong on this, even if you disagree with it, as the Buu's were never properly explianed.)

I just believe you don't like family chapters & believe dragonball wouldn''t have a family chapter or even try to explian the middle stuff, so in your thinking the way DBM is writen weather it make sense or not is wrong because of this.
If i'm wrong about this correct me as it's your thinking.

Kalkarot-El

Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:Interesting. And just how Supreme Kai and Elder Kai (being both results of fusion) manage to get by? Don't they have increased appetites.
Ah, but they weren't composed of two saiyans. Both of the beings that comprise each of them (presumably) had normal appetites. Saiyans can eat people out of house and home. Goku as a child ended up eating through the tournament prize money from the Budokai Roshi won in one night.

Perfect Kenshin wrote:1) If there were such a drawback, Elder Kai would've pointed it out to Goku in the first place.
Unless they didn't know about it due to not being familiar with Saiyans.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:3) This whole idea of a "Senzu bean planet" is just silly. Even for Dragon Ball standards.
Sillier than Boss Rabbit, the dragonballs, or the Red Ribbon army trying to gather the dragonballs for the sake of making their leader taller?

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:1) Yeah, like I already pointed, Vegeta doesn't hate ChiChi. Don't know where Salagir got that.
No, but the few interactions they had in Dragonball Z made it clear that they mutually disliked each other.
Perfect-Kenshin wrote:2) Fusion doesn't work like that. It's like my instant transmission example (or hell, ANY technique which Goku knows and Vegeta doesn't or any knowledge which one has and the other doesn't). The feelings/knowledge/personalites don't get averaged together. Rather, they are simply added together. As I told the other person, Vegetto would still have love for ChiChi while having a newfound feelings for Bulma.
But he would also comprehend how Vegeta was annoyed by Chichi's behavior.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:ChiChi didn't love Vegetto, but Bulma loves Vegetto? That makes even LESS SENSE .
Except that Vegetto had traits from Vegeta that Chichi didn't like, while Bulma liked both Goku and Vegeta.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Hell you guys only knew Vegetto for like 3 Chapters (DBZ) all we really knew about him was he was Strong and he played around with Buu..

Plenty of time to get a basic grasp of his personality.
Except the whole time, he was taunting Buu to try to get him to absorb him. If someone is explicitly acting like an asshole for the sake of pissing someone else off, that doesn't necessarily mean they normally act like that. And unfortunately, that's all we saw of Vegetto.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Vegeta had a strong hatred towards Gohan, Chichi and Goku. The Gohan & Goku one eventually cleaned up but the chichi one stayed, i do remember small segments of Vegeta pulling discusted faces at ChiChi.. =P

How did the Goku and Gohan one clear up eventually? Since the fight with Kid Buu never occured in this universe, Vegeta never got to come to terms with Goku. Wouldn't he be filled with self-loathing?
Vegetto doesn't consider himself to be Goku, and Goku never considered himself to be "Kakarotto" to begin with. Thus, as far as he's concerned, "Kakarotto" doesn't exist anymore.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:And I really don't see how he could come to terms with Goku and Gohan, but not ChiChi (the person who he hasn't even so much as interacted with). You may believe as you wish, but it seems pretty clear to me that Salagir inserted his own personality into Vegetto (a mistake many authors do with their characters) and decided that if it were him, this would be a big deal and he'd choose Bulma over ChiChi since she is hot and ChiChi is not. I think Salagir is the one who doesn't like ChiChi. That would also explain this "super hero" stuff and living on his own planet with a hot babe for a wife. Again, common mistake on an author's part. I mean no offense to Salagir, but it's certainly possible that he wishes he were Vegetto (deep down of course). Very Happy
From what I've heard, the Chichi thing was originally a non-issue, since the original plan was for Vegetto to practice polygamy. However, many fans didn't like that, so since Bra had already been introduced, when Vegetto's backstory was written, they had him choose Bulma over Chichi. The rest was pretty much written to justify the decision.


Last edited by Hyp3rB14d3 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Perfect-Kenshin on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Kalkarot-El wrote:your confusing emotion with skill
Vegetto has all the memories of Goku & Vegeta, so he posseses all their skills
Vegetto is also his own person & has his own emotions but he also has the memories of 2 women that he loves, when it comes right down to it he has more found memories of Bulma than Chi-Chi, I understand that.
Both Emotion and Skill = Experience. And Salagir's insisting that their Experiences get averaged together rather than added together. Otherwise, Vegetto would still love ChiChi. From what I've come to understand, both you and Salagir are insisting that he no longer loves ChiChi.

It is because of this (assuming I'm correct about your position) that your argument is running contradictory principles. When it comes to skills, you acknowledge that Vegetto's experiences haven't been averaged out. When it comes to feelings, you're claiming they have been averaged out. There is no justification offered for these contradictory principles.
No its not, going against or breaking the continuity would be saying against something that was already there.
The fact that fusion is addition and multiplication in all aspects (except the fact that they share one body) rather than averaging has been established. It is because of this that I claim that this "averaging" sentiment of Salagir's goes against continuity.

I just believe you don't like family chapters & believe dragonball wouldn''t have a family chapter or even try to explian the middle stuff, so in your thinking the way DBM is writen weather it make sense or not is wrong because of this.
If i'm wrong about this correct me as it's your thinking.
I'm fine with family being mentioned and having a role in the story as long as it's told in Dragon Ball fashion. I just don't believe that Vegetto's backstory has been told in Dragon Ball Fashion is all.
avatar
Perfect-Kenshin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Perfect-Kenshin on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Hyp3rB14d3 wrote:Ah, but they weren't composed of two saiyans. Both of the beings that comprise each of them (presumably) had normal appetites. Saiyans can eat people out of house and home. Goku as a child ended up eating through the tournament prize money from the Budokai Roshi won in one night.
Very true. Saiyans do have a big appetite. And that big appetite is usually resolved through eating enough to sustain their one body. Vegetto has one body, so why does he have to eat as if he has multiple bodies? It has been said time and time again that Vegetto isn't Goku and Vegeta, but rather a different person. Person being singular, why does he have restrictions of more than one person? And that still doesn't explain how the kais don't have increased appetites. Just because Saiyans eat more, it doesn't mean that two fused Kais wouldn't have to eat more as well.

Unless they didn't know about it due to not being familiar with Saiyans.
He'd at least know about having a bigger appetite seeing as how he too is two people.

Sillier than Boss Rabbit, the dragonballs, or the Red Ribbon army trying to gather the dragonballs for the sake of making their leader taller?
Let me rephrase that: Silly for Dragon Ball Z standards, since nearly all of the 'logic' in dragon ball was retconned.

No, but the few interactions they had in Dragonball Z made it clear that they mutually disliked each other.
Refresh my memory: When have they interacted in DBZ?
But he would also comprehend how Vegeta was annoyed by Chichi's behavior.
Again, I don't know when we've ever gotten any idea as to what Vegeta thinks of ChiChi, but I imagine he'd be no less annoyed of her than Bulma (who has the same bossy behavior). Considering he married Bulma, I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe getting Goku's memories would have given him the ability to tolerate her. At any rate, the fact of the matter is that the love for ChiChi would remain.

Except that Vegetto had traits from Vegeta that Chichi didn't like, while Bulma liked both Goku and Vegeta.
But not THAT way. She sees Goku like a kid brother at best. I'm pretty sure she'd be averse to marrying her brother. Laughing
Except the whole time, he was taunting Buu to try to get him to absorb him. If someone is explicitly acting like an asshole for the sake of pissing someone else off, that doesn't necessarily mean they normally act like that.
I disagree that the battle didn't reveal anything about Vegetto's personality, but if that example of what fusion does isn't sufficient, we can just as easily use Gotenks as a reference.

Vegetto doesn't consider himself to be Goku, and Goku never considered himself to be "Kakarotto" to begin with. Thus, as far as he's concerned, "Kakarotto" doesn't exist anymore.
It makes no difference. The fact of the matter is that he is aware that Goku and Vegeta fused together to become him and that he has all the memories of Vegeta hating Kakarotto and has no memories of Goku hating Vegeta. Therefore, based on the logic Salagir is using, he should experience self loathing.

From what I've heard, the Chichi thing was originally a non-issue, since the original plan was for Vegetto to practice polygamy. However, many fans didn't like that, so since Bra had already been introduced, when Vegetto's backstory was written, they had him choose Bulma over Chichi. The rest was pretty much written to justify the decision.
Well that explains alot (not that I think he should have cave in to what the fans wanted).
avatar
Perfect-Kenshin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Mrperson0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Helo thar FindKenshi.

Edit: Really? XD, you two have similar sames. Do you go to GameFAQs?

On topic, I pretty much hate U16. I'm strongly against any reason as to why Vegetto would choose Bulma over Chichi. He would either have them fuse with the potarras, live a life in polygamy (guess he has the right too?...), or just not have sex with them and have a peaceful life.

Salagir already went against the Dragonball norm by placing growth limits on Goku and Vegeta. He is doing moreso with saying Vegetto doesn't love Chichi, or as much as Bulma.


Last edited by Mrperson0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Mrperson0

Posts : 124
Join date : 2010-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Perfect-Kenshin on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm not FindKenshi
avatar
Perfect-Kenshin

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Hyp3rB14d3 wrote:Ah, but they weren't composed of two saiyans. Both of the beings that comprise each of them (presumably) had normal appetites. Saiyans can eat people out of house and home. Goku as a child ended up eating through the tournament prize money from the Budokai Roshi won in one night.
Very true. Saiyans do have a big appetite. And that big appetite is usually resolved through eating enough to sustain their one body. Vegetto has one body, so why does he have to eat as if he has multiple bodies? It has been said time and time again that Vegetto isn't Goku and Vegeta, but rather a different person. Person being singular, why does he have restrictions of more than one person? And that still doesn't explain how the kais don't have increased appetites. Just because Saiyans eat more, it doesn't mean that two fused Kais wouldn't have to eat more as well.
Ah, but they have to eat as much as they do to sustain their energy output. Vegetto is capable of outputting far more energy than Goku and Vegeta. Thus, he has an appetite problem. Also, it was a way to give a weakness to an otherwise virtually invincible character without directly contradicting continuity. Also, who's to say the Kais don't have increased appetites? We never see them eating.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Unless they didn't know about it due to not being familiar with Saiyans.
He'd at least know about having a bigger appetite seeing as how he too is two people.
However, if he didn't know it would become a problem due to being unfamiliar with saiyans, he might not have bothered to mention it. Also, one of the two people the Elder Kai was fused from was a very old witch. Old people tend to eat less than young people. Consequently, the effect on his appetite might have been less than normal. Kibitoshin, on the other hand, simply hadn't been fused long enough to need to eat anything.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Sillier than Boss Rabbit, the dragonballs, or the Red Ribbon army trying to gather the dragonballs for the sake of making their leader taller?
Let me rephrase that: Silly for Dragon Ball Z standards, since nearly all of the 'logic' in dragon ball was retconned.
Sillier than a dance that's capable of combining two people into one? Sillier than the strongest monster in the universe being a fat, pink blob thing? Sillier than said blob thing shooting steam out of holes in its head when it gets mad? Sillier than said blob thing being able to turn anything into candy at a whim? Sillier than said Pink Blob thing hanging its tongue out of its mouth like a dog with its head out the window while being engulfed by an explosion? (Buu is really easy to pull silly from.) Sillier than God being a little green alien from another planet? Sillier than space mercenaries that turn into giant monkeys when they look at the full moon? Sillier than the former strongest conqueror in the galaxy using a floating chair as his primary means of transportation? Sillier than Bulma's whole family being named after underwear and Saiyans all being named after vegetables?

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
No, but the few interactions they had in Dragonball Z made it clear that they mutually disliked each other.
Refresh my memory: When have they interacted in DBZ?
But he would also comprehend how Vegeta was annoyed by Chichi's behavior.
Again, I don't know when we've ever gotten any idea as to what Vegeta thinks of ChiChi, but I imagine he'd be no less annoyed of her than Bulma (who has the same bossy behavior). Considering he married Bulma, I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe getting Goku's memories would have given him the ability to tolerate her. At any rate, the fact of the matter is that the love for ChiChi would remain.
I could have sworn they interacted during the android saga, but now I'm not so sure. Nevertheless, Chichi has shown annoyance toward what she considers karate-bum and delinquent behavior, and Vegeta practically embodies both. Also, while I'm sure Vegetto would still love Chichi to some extent, that's not the point. The point is that he would love Bulma more.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Except that Vegetto had traits from Vegeta that Chichi didn't like, while Bulma liked both Goku and Vegeta.
But not THAT way. She sees Goku like a kid brother at best. I'm pretty sure she'd be averse to marrying her brother. Laughing
You might want to take a look at the scene when Goku arrives during the last tournament before Z. She definitely viewed Goku in that light, but was in a relationship with Yamcha at that point.

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Except the whole time, he was taunting Buu to try to get him to absorb him. If someone is explicitly acting like an asshole for the sake of pissing someone else off, that doesn't necessarily mean they normally act like that.
I disagree that the battle didn't reveal anything about Vegetto's personality, but if that example of what fusion does isn't sufficient, we can just as easily use Gotenks as a reference.
I think it's interesting that you picked Gotenks as a reference, since he doesn't actually act much like Goten or Trunks. Gotenks is far sillier than both of them combined, is possessed by a suicidal level of overconfidence neither of them possess, and has a much greater flare for the dramatic than any other character in the series (except maybe Gohan in his Saiyaman guise).

Perfect-Kenshin wrote:
Vegetto doesn't consider himself to be Goku, and Goku never considered himself to be "Kakarotto" to begin with. Thus, as far as he's concerned, "Kakarotto" doesn't exist anymore.
It makes no difference. The fact of the matter is that he is aware that Goku and Vegeta fused together to become him and that he has all the memories of Vegeta hating Kakarotto and has no memories of Goku hating Vegeta. Therefore, based on the logic Salagir is using, he should experience self loathing.
Even ignoring my previous statements, Goku seems to like himself, and Vegeta has a ridiculous amount of pride in himself. I'm sure that the combined contentment with themselves would be more than enough to overcome Vegeta's hatred of Kakarotto. Plus, Vegeta has always prided himself in his power, and Vegetto has an absolutely absurd amount of it.
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Kalkarot-El on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:30 am

Kalkarot-El wrote:your confusing emotion with skill
Vegetto has all the memories of Goku & Vegeta, so he posseses all their skills
Vegetto is also his own person & has his own emotions but he also has the memories of 2 women that he loves, when it comes right down to it he has more found memories of Bulma than Chi-Chi, I understand that.
Perfect-Kenshin wrote:[Both Emotion and Skill = Experience. And Salagir's insisting that their Experiences get averaged together rather than added together. Otherwise, Vegetto would still love ChiChi. From what I've come to understand, both you and Salagir are insisting that he no longer loves ChiChi.
I never insisted Vegetto no longer loves Chi-Chi only that he loves Bulma more.
Let me rephrase that, the way someones thinks(their psyche, emotions) & someones skill is not the same thing.

skill is something you can measure, something you improve upon, it's simple.
The way someone acts, learn, their emotion, love & likes are not measurable, many many many... variables goes in to what creats the person in the mirror or infront of you.
Someones psyche is not as simple as someones skill.

Vegetto will gain all of Goku & Vegeta skills, he maybe influenced by Goku & Vegeta habits & memories, but he is his own person & has his own emotions it's his & not theirs.

Regardless of rather vegeta hated Chi-Chi or not doesn't matter, the fact remains that he still had know fillings towards her, but both Goku & Vegeta had fillings for Bulma, this knowledge may influence what Vegetto believes he wants or loves, so it makes sense that Vegetto would love Bulma more

Like Hyp3rB14d3 stated Vegetto doesn't hate Chi-Chi he loved both her & Bulma, he just loves Bulma more

As far as the rest goes, I pretty much agree with everything Hyp3rB14d3 stated.

Kalkarot-El

Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Docter KillJoy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:49 am

even in the anime chichi and vegeta barely interacted. perhaps in some filler bits it happend.


bulma is older then chichi, 4 years i recall, as for looks, well bulma has always been the babe of dbz (even with #18 and videl looking better then her)
sure in db bulma might have mentioned that goku was cute/good looking, but she did that with any good looking guy.


i think the idea of vegetto living with both of them does sound better, but chichi seems more conservative and isn't the sharing type. while bulma on the other hand probaly woudn't give a damn.

avatar
Docter KillJoy

Posts : 463
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 31
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  other account on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:59 pm

How is Bulma that much better looking (or more endowed) than Chi-chi? She wore make up but that's basically it, otherwise... You can't say that there personalities are anymore agreeable than the other. It makes no sense to me.

Maybe I need to be more willing to suspend my disbelief. Rolling Eyes

other account

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : Nate (son)'s other account

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Leon on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:01 pm

While I don't have an issue with the logic behind the choice reading over it (and Vegeto wasn't exactly shown long enough to get more than a passing glance of his personality, let alone everything else so it's artistic choice) the most logical choice on Vegeto's end would probably have been polygamy.

Royalty usually has a harem or multiple wives, so I'd imagine it's a concept that isn't foreign to Vegeta, and niether of them actually care about marriage much let alone the "sanctity" of it, so truth be told "Which should I choose..." probably wouldn't have even occurred to him. Granted, Bulma and Chi-chi might not have been happy about it, but Vegeto's natural thought probably would have been "I'm with both of them."
avatar
Leon

Posts : 223
Join date : 2010-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  other account on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:28 pm

I translated a lot of the universe 16 back story and it states that Chi-chi had plastic surgery and Bulma is opposed to getting it but she has more natural beauty. Suspect Question

Chi-chi is too conservative have surgery, Bulma (on the other hand) is rich and vain. I think Salagir is indeed biased.

other account

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : Nate (son)'s other account

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Mrperson0 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm

other account wrote:I think Salagir is indeed biased.

That has been obvious ever since he said Vegetto chose Bulma. The most logical choice for Vegetto's love life is either to be with both of them or neither of them.
avatar
Mrperson0

Posts : 124
Join date : 2010-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Vegetto's backstory

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum