New Chapters for the Manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Mrperson0 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

As some of you may know, there's a rumor going around that Akira Toriyama will be releasing new chapters for the Dragonball manga:

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=30691goto=newpost

Of course, there is no true confirmation yet, and this seems to coincide with the rumor that Dragonball Kai will continue on after the Buu saga. So, if this is true, what do you guys want to see?

I want to see Goku being able to master SSJ3, and Vegeta finally being able to achieve it. Maybe Toriyama can show who's truly stronger at this time, SSJ3 Goku or Gohan.

I have an inkling Toriyama will show events into Dragonball Online, such as Gohan writing his popular book, Goten and Trunks building the Sword School, Krillin and Tien bring the Kame and Crane schools respectively, and possibly the war between Earth and the remnants of the World Trade Organization.
avatar
Mrperson0

Posts : 124
Join date : 2010-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Bartholomew on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:58 am

Mrperson0 wrote:As some of you may know, there's a rumor going around that Akira Toriyama will be releasing new chapters for the Dragonball manga:

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=30691goto=newpost

Of course, there is no true confirmation yet, and this seems to coincide with the rumor that Dragonball Kai will continue on after the Buu saga.
In my opinion, it would be awesome if Akira Toriyama contiuned the story, but I haven't heard the rumor about Dragonball Kai contiuning.

Mrperson0 wrote:So, if this is true, what do you guys want to see?
I want to see Goku being able to master SSJ3, and Vegeta finally being able to achieve it. Maybe Toriyama can show who's truly stronger at this time, SSJ3 Goku or Gohan.
I want what you said here, but also: more Uub (both his training and when he's done training with Goku), more Gotenks, more (Mystic) Gohan, more of Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chaozu helping in the battle (or at least they are there to show there support, like in the Cell Games) and I want Gogeta to appear, partly to make him canon, so we can see his techniques, his base form and his SSj2+SSj3 forms, and partly to have him destroy the new (or a returning) villian.

Mrperson0 wrote:I have an inkling Toriyama will show events into Dragonball Online, such as Gohan writing his popular book, Goten and Trunks building the Sword School, Krillin and Tien bring the Kame and Crane schools respectively, and possibly the war between Earth and the remnants of the World Trade Organization.
I don't want too much Dragonball Online. The war between Earth's warriors and remnants of the World Trade Organization would be cool, though
avatar
Bartholomew

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 26
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  other account on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I would like to see development between the Buu saga and the end of Z. Perhaps an in series retelling of Fusion reborn (without Goku and Vegeta being dead and stuff like that).

other account

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : Nate (son)'s other account

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I think I'd prefer new content instead of a rehash of old content. That doesn't mean Gogeta can't show up, just that I don't want it to be because of Janemba escaping hell.

Also, who's to say he's actually going to continue the series past the Buu Saga? He could very well just go back and write about the period between the end of Dragonball and the start of Z, or what happened to Goku during the gap between when Goku and Freeza fought on Namek and when Freeza arrived on Earth, or the period of peacetime between the Cell Games and the Buu Saga. He could even go back and write about Roshi training Grandpa Gohan and the Ox King before the series began.
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Ussj Future Trunks on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:34 am

It's bullshit. It's not even officially announced yet and just sounds like an AF rumour to me. Plus even if it's real, Toriyama's lost his touch imo.
avatar
Ussj Future Trunks

Posts : 472
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Mrperson0 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:49 am

"I would like to see development between the Buu saga and the end of Z."

I'm pretty sure the new chapters are supposed to be after the end of Z. Dunno though.

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:It's bullshit. It's not even officially announced yet and just sounds like an AF rumour to me. Plus even if it's real, Toriyama's lost his touch imo.

That's true, it's still just a rumor, but who knows. If it were to happen, what would you want?
avatar
Mrperson0

Posts : 124
Join date : 2010-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  other account on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote: Plus even if it's real, Toriyama's lost his touch imo.

Are you referring to the recent special?

other account

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : Nate (son)'s other account

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Mrperson0 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 pm

I liked the special, even though it made no sense that SSJ3 Goku was able to beat an enemy while SSJ3 Gotenks couldn't. He probably had plot armor.

Edit: Wow, my bad. It has been a while since I watched it. Didn't make sense that SSJ Goku was able to beat them while SSJ Gotenks couldn't. Ah well.


Last edited by Mrperson0 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Mrperson0

Posts : 124
Join date : 2010-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Are you referring to the special with Tarble?
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Ussj Future Trunks on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 am

well everything. the entire buu saga, tarble special, DBO.

if he were to make it i'd want something along the lines of a movie 14, with a cool villain and Teen Gotenks as the hero. Or Toriyama's idea which is a spinoff for the adventures of Mr Satan and Buu.
avatar
Ussj Future Trunks

Posts : 472
Join date : 2010-06-24
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Stick on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:well everything. the entire buu saga, tarble special, DBO.

if he were to make it i'd want something along the lines of a movie 14, with a cool villain and Teen Gotenks as the hero. Or Toriyama's idea which is a spinoff for the adventures of Mr Satan and Buu.

I hate tarble and DBO seems beyond comprehension, but I liked the Buu saga. Give him some credit, though, he probably wouldn't make Bra the mary sue she is today.
avatar
Stick

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 23
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Bartholomew on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 am

Stick wrote:
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:well everything. the entire buu saga, tarble special, DBO.

if he were to make it i'd want something along the lines of a movie 14, with a cool villain and Teen Gotenks as the hero. Or Toriyama's idea which is a spinoff for the adventures of Mr Satan and Buu.

I hate tarble and DBO seems beyond comprehension, but I liked the Buu saga. Give him some credit, though, he probably wouldn't make Bra the mary sue she is today.
Well said, Stick Smile
avatar
Bartholomew

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 26
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  crippknottick on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 pm

DBO isn't complete yet. For all we know Akira will be covering all the events between the end of Z and the start of DBO, in DBO, since there seems to be lots of time traveling.
avatar
crippknottick

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 pm

For the record, this rumor was semi-confirmed. There is going to be a dragonball spinoff manga starting in the next couple months, but it won't be written by Akira Toriyama. No word as to when in the series it will take place, although since it's not being written by Toriyama, it won't be considered canon anyway.
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  crippknottick on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I'll look at it the same way I did DBGT: It's better than nothing even if it's not canon.
avatar
crippknottick

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 31
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 am

First chapter of Dragonball SD is up. You might want to read it quick, mangastream doesn't keep their scanlations archived for more than a few weeks.

Edit: Looks like it's an alternate retelling of how Goku and Krillin's training under Roshi.
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Stick on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Hyp3rB14d3 wrote:First chapter of Dragonball SD is up. You might want to read it quick, mangastream doesn't keep their scanlations archived for more than a few weeks.

Edit: Looks like it's an alternate retelling of how Goku and Krillin's training under Roshi.

All I had to read was retelling and I was done....
avatar
Stick

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 23
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:13 am

Fair enough.
avatar
Hyp3rB14d3

Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  VegetaSSJ3 on Sun May 01, 2011 8:07 pm

There is a second special chapter here : http://mangastream.com/read/dragon_ball_sd/45372691/1

Here is the first page:

avatar
VegetaSSJ3
Admin

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 28

View user profile http://dragonball.asiat-world.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Chapters for the Manga

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum